-
Hello,
Hmmm... Interesting problem.
I think you basically need to go back and start diagnosing the problem from the lower levels up.
Firstly, what is the output of attempting to ping an external host?
I started completely over. When I would try to ping an address (both IP and website.name.com) It just sat there, when I finally hit ctrl-z to stop it pinging, of course, it was 100% packet loss, but there was nothing saying it couldn't resolve the host or anything. So.......
I got frustrated, luckily, I didn't have much on the hard drive anyway, so, I reformatted it and started over.
Now, it works just fine, no problems at all, I even got a few programs back that I wanted to keep that when I used the kpackage program to update the system, got rid of.
All is well in Knoppix Land! 
Brad
Similar Threads
-
By simplyskate in forum Networking
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-28-2005, 06:45 PM
-
By linukas in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 10:13 AM
-
By sunpascal in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-02-2004, 02:08 PM
-
By jselman in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 12:33 AM
-
By THiM in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-19-2003, 07:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant DL360 Gen 11 - Xeon Gold 5th Gen - 192 GB DDR5 ECC - 2x 240 GB SSD
$17000.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections
$60.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

HP ProLiant DL380 Gen 11 - 2x Xeon Gold 6th Gen - 512 GB DDR5 - 2x 800 GB HDD
$15000.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W Unused
$189.00

Windows Server 2025 Standard✔ 24-CORE✔ 10 CALs✔ 50 RDS✔ Remote Desktop EP2-25205
$317.56

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50