The kernel-headers are on the cd, but you have to install them.
I don't know the exact location.
search 'knoppix kernelheaders' could help, couldn't it?
Hi, I installed Knoppix 3.4 in the hard disk. Everything works perfect now, but I can not install the modem. It is an internal PCI modem, for dialup connection. I found the following webpage, that has information for modems similar to mine: http://www.linuxant.com
From this page I downloaded a utility for windows, that it can identify and give relevant information. Then I downloaded the driver: hsfmodem-6.03.00lnxt04061800full_i386.deb
Then in linux as root I tried to install the file with dpkg –i <filename>.deb, but it comes with an error that it says that it needs some kernel headers!!!
Anybody that could help?
root@amd:~# /sbin/lspci
0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8377 [KT400/KT600 AGP] Host Bridge
0000:00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8235 PCI Bridge
0000:00:0a.0 Communication controller: Conexant HSF 56k HSFi Modem (rev 01)
0000:00:0b.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy (rev 04)
0000:00:0b.1 Input device controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy MIDI/Game port (rev 04)
0000:00:0b.2 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Creative Labs SB Audigy FireWire Port (rev 04)
0000:00:10.0 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 80)
0000:00:10.1 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 80)
0000:00:10.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 80)
0000:00:11.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8235 ISA Bridge
0000:00:11.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586A/B/VT82C686/A/B/VT823x/A/C PIPC Bus Master IDE (rev 06)
0000:00:13.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV280 [Radeon 9200] (rev 01)
0000:01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV280 [Radeon 9200] (Secondary) (rev 01)
root@amd:~#
The kernel-headers are on the cd, but you have to install them.
I don't know the exact location.
search 'knoppix kernelheaders' could help, couldn't it?

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00
Lot of 3 1TB Samsung WD Toshiba SATA 2.5" HDD Hard Drives - Wiped and Tested
$79.99
Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99