Where do you go to change permissions for the files. I want to delete files from the hard drives, but can't cause I'm only allowed to read from them.
Where do you go to change permissions for the files. I want to delete files from the hard drives, but can't cause I'm only allowed to read from them.
You need to change the mode from ro to rw. If you right-click on the desktop icon for the drive or partition you're trying to alter and go into Actions, it has an option to change read/write mode. Be careful though. Keep in mind that you shouldn't try to write to an NTFS drive without using captive.
When you first load knoppix, are you automatically listed as the administrator? Or do you have to make include ur self as the admin?
By the way, I'm am loading knoppix from the cd. Does this make a difference with the permissions?
You're logged in as the regular user, not the admin (root). If you just want to delete some files on it you can try:Originally Posted by tony177
the hda1 might be something different...depends on what drive and partition you're wanting to work on. But in case your using Windows XP...please bear in mind that I don't think deleting from NTFS is considered safe.Code:sudo mount -o remount,rw,uid=knoppix /mnt/hda1

DEC Vintage Module/Board Collectable Vintage chip - 1 BROKEN LEG (BO)
$200.00
DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$74.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$299.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$145.00
Vintage DEC Digital VR319-DA 19" High Resolution Monochrome CRT Monitor - Tested
$180.00
DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95
Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99