I'm using Knoppix hd install 2.6.6 My Epson 1650 scanner works great from root (iscan, sane & xsane) Gimp works great with scanner. When I log in as user (jesse) all other devices work except scanner. When I click on xsane it brings up "no devices available". From root prompt# sane-find-scanner doesn't detect anything. The scanner works from root but not from user. I have tried changing permissions without luck. Same thing happens when using 2.4 kernel. Since it works from root, there must be a permission problem, but I sure have not been able to find it. Any suggestions?
TIA Jesse
P4-2.8ghz OC to 3.4ghz
Water cooled
very quiet

Commodore 64 Personal Computer w Power Supply-TV Hookup-Paperwork-Original Box
$139.00
Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung
$260.98
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Commodore OS Vision 3.0 | Bootable USB Install | Linux Gaming OS
$24.99
Commodore 64 C-64 Logo Programming + Logo Utilities Floppy Disc
$12.15
Vintage Commodore 128 Computer Powers On Not Tested with Power Supply
$169.99
Commodore 64 & VIC-20 BASIC & Kernel ROM Replacement Adapter - USA seller
$17.99
Commodore 128 Vintage Computer Not Working No Power Damage READ
$129.00
Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99
Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99