-

Originally Posted by
xaviers2002
"Again this is largely a presonal preference. I use ext3 as I have no use for xfs and reiser has some 'issues' yet. Let's put it like this, ext3 has always worked flawlessly and reiser has thrown me a few curveballs. Reiser works fine for alot of people however."
What exactly is XFS? Could You give more informations on the issues You had with reiser?
Thanks :P
I've been using reiserfs for a while, and have never had any problems. It's a personal preference, like he says, but don't be afraid to use it. I find it to be slightly faster (very slightly though). On the other hand I think there's a program to access ext3 partitions within windows.
I don't think XFS is an option anymore. It's not a choice in the latest knoppix-installer script. I don't think many people ever used it anyways. So you'll choose either ext2 (no journalling, not a good idea) or ext3 or reiserfs.
Similar Threads
-
By sunburnt in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-28-2005, 05:39 PM
-
By satimis in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-22-2005, 01:36 PM
-
By satimis in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-20-2005, 08:11 AM
-
By Mikkey in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 09:57 PM
-
By fritschi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 02:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP EliteBook 830 G8 Core I7-1185G7 3.00GHz Laptop 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD
$250.00

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

Lenovo ThinkStation P520 Intel Xeon W-2245 8-Core 3.90GHz - NO RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$359.98