-
Junior Member
registered user
Actually I didn't run into any problems, I just downloaded the xawtv source from http://linux.bytesex.org/xawtv and followed the usual compile routine per the readme: configure, make, make install (cant remember the order). I was quite surprised when it sucessfully compiled it with a stock knoppix distro. since I wanted to use the webcam program to periodically take pictures and ftp them to a ftp site, the tricky part was configuring the .webcamrc file in the home directory. see http://www.seismo.ethz.ch/linux/webcam.html for tips on that
Oh after compiling the driverI would save the driver (I named it quickcam.o) to a usb keydrive for easy retrieval after reboot, and I do the following 2 commands to load it.
sudo modprobe videodev
insmod quickcam.o
Here are some more linux webcam links:
ideo4linux mailing list https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listi...deo4linux-list
http://hshanemd.net/docs/HOWTOS/Webc...ices.html#QCAM
http://www.linux.com/howtos/Webcam-HOWTO/devices.shtml
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/VideoLAN-HOWTO/index.html
l
Similar Threads
-
By Keithj in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-03-2005, 02:10 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-22-2005, 02:16 PM
-
By lvenneke in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-21-2004, 08:38 AM
-
By FZ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 12:45 AM
-
By smarchand291 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-10-2003, 12:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

Ibm Computer Tower
$400.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM iDataPlex dx360 M4 with 4× Xeon E5-2680 v2, 128 GB RAM, 2× QLogic
$149.00

IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 16GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$409.99

IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER
$349.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$281.25

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00