Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Some general questions

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2

    Some general questions

    Hi there!

    I am pretty new to Knoppix and am having trouble with the following things:

    1. I have an ATI Radeon 9600 and a LG L1811S TFT which supports 1280x1024. However, even when I specify the resolution 1280x1024 at boot time, Knoppix uses 1024x768. Any ideas?
    2. The sound does not work. I also tried using alsa, but without success. No problems with SuSE 9.1 Live CD.
    3. Is it possible to save the position of the icons on the desktop? When backing up my settings to USB, I also specify to save the desktop icons, but they are always in the default order and even if I remove icons, they show up after boot (all other settings, like the menu load fine). Also, when I change the icon text (for example, from "cdrom2" to "CD-RW"), when the desktop refreshes due to (un)mounting, I have the old names back.
    4. Is it possible to save toolbar settings for Konqueror? The bookmark toolbat always shows up, what I don't want.
    5. Is there an advanced configurator? In SuSE, there is YaST which I can use for setting up DMA, adding printers...

    Regards,
    Sebastian Mares

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kampen, The Netherlands
    Posts
    166
    1. You can set the resolution in Xdisplay. You can enter it via the console as root "/usr/bin/kxconfig".
    2. Have you allready set up the soundcard ("sndconfig")?
    3. Save desktop icons settings typing "chmod 0 /usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons".

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2
    1. Thanks, but it didn't help. After restarting the session, I got some messages reading "count too high!" or something like that and then I had 1024x768 again. Switching the monitor / graphic card driver didn't help either.
    2. I did, but after a restart, no sound.
    3. Ditto.

Similar Threads

  1. A few general questions, lets discuss.
    By knewbix in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-28-2005, 05:00 AM
  2. Some general questions
    By Wrincle in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 04:12 AM
  3. New to Knoppix some general questions
    By Quip Frok in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-28-2004, 12:37 AM
  4. HDD Install great, Few general questions please?
    By jbrush in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 06:45 PM
  5. Lots of General questions about remastering
    By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 03:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$89.99



RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+ picture

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+

$174.99



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00



QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black picture

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black

$500.00