-
Knoppix Loads from CD, but Colors and Resolution are funky
I managed to load the newest current knoppix from CD.
When I enter the actual OS, everything is all funky with the colors, as if
the graphics card has gone ballistic. It's green/red patterns everywhere
and messed up colors. The resolution is also VERY low. I can't acess
anything because I am unable to read the text.
I am using a GeForce FX 5700 256 MB Graphics card and
a Viewsonic 22" P220f Monitor.
If anyone can help, It would be great.
Thanks a lot.
-
Anyone? PLEASE! I really want to use linux already.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi,
Typing one of the cheatcodes in the bootscreen might help. Like fb1280x1024 (type the screen-resolution you normally use). You can find the textfile with cheatcodes here: http://download.linuxtag.org/knoppix...cheatcodes.txt
-
On what part of the boot do I enter these commands?
-
Senior Member
registered user
In the first screen wich shows the text Knoppix 3.4, Releasedate etc. Below on the left it says boot:
Type in the cheatcode thereafter (another cheatcode you can also try is "failsave"). Then hit enter.
Similar Threads
-
By J_nosa in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-09-2005, 12:49 AM
-
By lucasmatos in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-31-2004, 03:58 PM
-
By randygva in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 02:31 PM
-
By rbivins in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 08:43 PM
-
By TheCrazzyman in forum Laptops
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-08-2003, 07:46 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Juniper QFX5120-32C-AFI 32x100GbE Switch Dual AC Airflow In, Rail Kit Included
$8150.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$344.74

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97