-
Senior Member
registered user
OK, so I was right about javac at least, its GNU GCC GCJ.
Klaus told me once that he used BlackDown java. I guess that Debian now supports the standard edition java (why not javac?). BTW, Klaus, maybe you should go back the BlackDown JVM 1.3. That way both javas (ie:javac and java, or the jdk and the jvm) are green thread enabled! This would help the clusterKNOPPIX project based on KNOPPIX and the QUANTIAN project based on clusterKNOPPIX as both are designed around the openMOSIX kernel!
So, I'll keep GNU GCC GCJ javac as it recognizes the -green switch. I'll have to remove the standard edition JVM and install BalckDown java's JVM 1.3 which I understand supports green threads. What a hassle! I'm going to have to do this to all 25 nodes and make them all knoppix-installered as QUANTIAN. I wanted to avoid this as standard KNOPPIX has always worked well for me in class and I have 3.4 clients and a 3.3 server already knoppix-installered. What I wanted to do was set up one QUANTIAN server to start and monitor and save results from a run of a threaded app on my cluster made up of QUANTIAN liveCD clients (so I don't have to mess up my classroom setup) in addition to the one knoppix-installered QUANTIAN server.
Maybe if I just reinstall java on the QUANTIAN server, my clients can see it by sshing to the server....
No! Wait! Stop the presses! What a fool I am! All I need to do is start the green threads on the server that has all green enabled javas and the threads should automagically migrate over the openMOSIX cluster! OOPs, never mind.
FYI:
This is what I get on my KNOPPIX 3.3 20031119 server:
mrg@CentauriPrime:~$ java -version
java version "1.4.1"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build Blackdown-1.4.1-01)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build Blackdown-1.4.1-01, mixed mode)
mrg@CentauriPrime:~$ javac -version
gcj-3.2 (GCC) 3.2.3
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
This is what I get on one of my KNOPPIX 3.4 clients:
apcs@tauCentauri:~$ java -version
java version "1.4.2_02"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_02-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_02-b03, mixed mode)
apcs@tauCentauri:~$ javac -version
gcj-3.3 (GCC) 3.3.3 (Debian 20040429)
Copyright (C) 2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
This is what I get on my QUANTIAN 0.4.9.5 server (based on clusterKNOPPIX 3.3 which, in tern, is based on KNOPPIX 3.3) on which I had to install java.sun.com's javac and java from scratch myself (QUANTIAN 3.3 deleted java to make space for lots of math and science apps):
apcs@upsilonCentauri:~$ java -version
java version "1.4.2_04"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_04-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_04-b05, mixed mode)
(javac -version doesn't work, but its the same version)
Thanx for your help,
AJG
Similar Threads
-
By ak in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-05-2004, 02:45 PM
-
By mystical_kakarot in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:20 PM
-
By JAlvoeiro in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-26-2003, 09:43 PM
-
By johncarlson21 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-22-2003, 03:39 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-25-2002, 09:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00