-
Grub problem
I installed successfully Knoppix on harddisk with Lilo booting.
But then when I try to install Grub, there are problems:
Code:
knoppix:~$ grub-install /dev/hda
Could not find device for /boot: Not found or not a block device.
I look at the script /sbin/grub-install and it seems that it is due to 'df'. I already did a "ln -sf /proc/mounts /etc/mtab" and df's output is:
Code:
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs 5067968 2056284 2754244 43% /
/dev/root 5067968 2056284 2754244 43% /
Still it doesn't work
Any idea?
-
Salve kendrew!
"]I installed successfully Knoppix on harddisk with Lilo booting.
But then when I try to install Grub, there are problems:
Code:
knoppix:~$ grub-install /dev/hda
Could not find device for /boot: Not found or not a block device.
My idea is that grub-install will maybe write to /boot. Do you have
a writable /boot directory?
I haven't used knx-hdinstall or grub yet, so sorry to haven't more
ideas than this link http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/#documentation
wich I will use to learn grub.
Greetings,
rob
-
thx rob
I figured out the problem: shouldn't use grub-install, just use grub instead.
grub-install tries to detect the harddisk, partition, but doesn't do it well.
rgds,
kendrew
Similar Threads
-
By hukdonfonix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 06:39 PM
-
By kofti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 03:29 PM
-
By Neil Young & Crazy Ho in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 07:05 AM
-
By dantay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 02:06 PM
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-10-2003, 04:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

NOB AlfaData AlfaScan Plus Hand Scanner for Commodore Amiga 256 Grayscale RARE
$149.99

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

Commodore Amiga Color CRT Monitor Model 1084S-P Stereo - Parts Or Repair
$100.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

COMMODORE AMIGA 500 Motherboard Rev 5 NTSC ,No IC'S , Sold As Is, Untested
$88.00

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99

External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive
$135.00