When I try to load up Knoppix I get this error:
INIT: PANIC: segmentation violation at 0x804ec92. Sleeping for 30 seconds.
And it does that over and over non-stop until I turn off the computer. That happens about 30 seconds after it begins loading.
When I try to load up Knoppix I get this error:
INIT: PANIC: segmentation violation at 0x804ec92. Sleeping for 30 seconds.
And it does that over and over non-stop until I turn off the computer. That happens about 30 seconds after it begins loading.
I'm not too sure since I'm a beginner, but I think you should try a different kernel to boot with.
Use the cheatcode: knoppix26 to boot with the 2.6 kernel. (Enter it at knoppix menu that first comes up)
That's all I can really think of, sorry I couldn't of been more help![]()
thanks Ill try it
No, it didnt work, it said it couldnt find kernal 2.6![]()
Just guessing here but kernel panics are sometimes due to a faulty cd.
Try booting with the cheatcode testcd to see if it reports any errors.
Also you could check the md5sum if you still have the iso: http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/verifyiso.html

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
Samsung 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-5600 SODIMM 32GB (2x16GB) PC5-4800 RAM Laptop
$750.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Crucial PC4-25600 PC4 3200AA 16GB 1X16GB DDR4 2RX8 3200MHz 260pin Memory Ram
$55.00
Lot of 5 - Mixed Brands 40GB (5x8GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Non-ECC
$150.00
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00