...weird anyway. Okay, I installed Knoppix to hard drive on three systems, testing my new remaster, and I set up a network printer with CUPS and Webmin. What's funny is that in the two I have in the same subnet I can see the default printer on one machine on the other. That is, once I set up printing on one machine, when I installed Linux on the other one and used Webmin to start CUPS, the first PC's printer appeared on it, even though I had done nothing to share it. I initially wondered where the printer came from, till I realized the IP used as part of the printer's name was that of the other system.
This is kind of cool, but actually a problem, since I eventually want to use this configuration as a printserver using Samba. And I don't really want printers to appear on it suddenly if I configure printing on other Linux boxes.
Oddly, I don't see this on the RedHat system currently Samba print server, or the Fedora box a co-worker just installed. Neither do they show the printers installed on the Knoppix systems, nor do the printers installed on them (ten on the print server) show up on the Knoppix boxes.
Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone know how to turn it off?

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$462.74
Acer Aspire 16 16" Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V S2 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Arc Refurbished
$519.99
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$117.45