-
Junior Member
registered user
The colour of user@hostname~@: ?
Hello again..
This time I'm wondering about the colour of the "user@hostname~@:" in the Console? When I ran knoppix from the cd, it used to be cyan(?), after the hdd-install it's just plain white..
My friends adviced me to edit /home/user/.bash_profile, but I noticed that I didn't even have one! Well my friend sent his one over and I managed to get it into my home folder.. But the colour of user@hostname~@: is still white? How can I change this? What file should I edit/make?
And by the way, I had to shutdown X (init 3) while I was installing the nvidia drivers.. There I noticed a change of colours.. Did the .bash_profile I created only affect that?
Similar Threads
-
By A.Skwar in forum Ideas
Replies: 23
Last Post: 01-20-2006, 01:51 PM
-
By Valhalla in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 07:53 PM
-
By GlennsPref in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-18-2004, 07:02 AM
-
By WimG in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-27-2003, 04:16 PM
-
By jensen in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 10:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Samsung 64gb PC4-3200AA 2Rx4 DDR4 ECC LRDIMM Memory M393A8G40AB2-CWE - PARTS
$1450.00

HMCG88MEBRA115N Hynix 32GB 2RX8 PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz ECC REG RDIMM Memory
$1345.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$289.80