-
A bit of general trouble
Hello, everyone. I'm pretty new to Linux, so I thought I'd give Knoppix a try.
I'm a having a bit of trouble, but I'm afraid that my inexperience will make it hard to describe my problem. If anybody could give me any advice, I'd appreciate it immensely.
When I boot from the CD, it starts loading, says that it "can't find a KNOPPIX filesystem," and gives me a DOS-esque command prompt-looking deal.
I tried a "failsafe" boot, which loads the OS, but when it's finished loading, it appears messed up. It's flickering and illegible. I apologize for my scarce description; the best way I can describe it is like trying to watch a PAL video on an NTSC system. Once again, I'm sorry. But, if anyone can help me, I'd be very grateful. I can't wait to give Linux a try. Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Christopher David YUDICHAK
Similar Threads
-
By Wrincle in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 04:12 AM
-
By Sebastian Mares in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 12:55 PM
-
By Tonka in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-14-2003, 03:16 AM
-
By mikehallsted in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-15-2003, 03:55 AM
-
By Rubicant in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-09-2003, 09:16 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19" Rack Enclosure No Keys
$549.95