I haven't tried it, but the idea certainly works. There's something similar at http://bblcd.berlios.de/, which I once used to create a SuSE - based remaster, before Knoppix became so well-known.
Anyone use http://www.linux-live.org to create a live CD distro of their very own without actually remastering? I understand http://slax.linux-live.org was made this way from an hdinstall of http://www.slackware.org/. I think you can use the distro of your choice as the base.
Is this for real?
Regards,
AJG
I haven't tried it, but the idea certainly works. There's something similar at http://bblcd.berlios.de/, which I once used to create a SuSE - based remaster, before Knoppix became so well-known.

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99
Dell PowerEdge R720 Server 2× Xeon E5-2670 2.6GHz 126GB RAM RAID iDRAC
$350.00
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$699.99
Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00