Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: bpalogin

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    31

    bpalogin

    Could you include bpalogin, a cable login client on the next cd? Many thanks, David.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa U.S.A.
    Posts
    226
    Hi drg55,

    Thanks for you suggestion. There may be a better place
    to request a feature -- such as a feature-request post at
    http://mailman.linuxtag.org/mailman/...debian-knoppix

    Space is limited so you would need to show that the
    feature is needed by many.

    Of course, you can easily install the package for a hard
    dirve install.
    If you operate from CD consider the klik project.
    Install the klik client from http://klik.berlios.de

    Try the new automatic generator:

    Open a new konqueror browser and in Location type:

    klik://bpalogin

    To run it, open a Konsole and enter:
    cd /home/knoppix/bpalogin
    ./wrapper bpalogin

    Hmmm, it wants a configuration file.
    Well, since I have no idea what this program does,
    now you must take over. In case you do get it to work
    let probono at klik know.

    Best Wishes
    paradocs

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    31

    re: bpalogin

    I downloaded the source file of klik (using fedora) but it didn't work with either knopix 3.4 26 kernel, or with 3.3.

    I have a chicken and egg problem here, as I no longer have a dial up isp.
    So using wget is out of the question.

    bpalogin is a login client for cable internet. It is in the main debian archive and is fairly small. I have joined the debian-knoppix list.

    Thanks,

    David.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    31
    Thanks, I have since done the hd install and have got klik working. I have installed a few of the pgms from the klik menu and also tried with timidity from the konqueror browser, but there is a library prooblem.

    Knoppix is a fantastic achievement, but as its based on testing / unstable there can be difficulties in adding packages. With Apt there are 52 sources and it was a massive download just to update, leaving apt as confused as when it started, when I used apt-cdrom to add a dvd of 3.0r2 and it rejected all 5000 + entries. I was able to install bpalogin from the dvd using dpkg, and I am communicating to you now using my cable internet account on knoppix, which is ** cool. **

    Just as its best to stay within a stable distribution, to go too far outside knoppix is asking alot.

    The klik site is great and I hope it does well.

    If there was some way of reducing the version conflict problem, I think linux would make a quantum leap forward.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    31
    I was able to fix this problem with the bigpond cable login client as follows, so that I can use knoppix from the cdrom. While the debian version installs various things to /usr/sbin etc, that wasn't necessary.

    I fixed this as follows:

    compile bpalogin-2.0.2 and save into your home dir - probably save to you hard disk by knoppix.
    edit the conf file with correct user name
    simply run ./bpalogin -c /home/knoppix/bpa/bpalogin-2.0.2/bpalogin.conf
    or wherever your conf file is (somewhere easier perhaps?)
    And she works!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$381.93



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge T440 Tower Server 2x Intel Gold 5118 and 128GB 2400MHZ DDR4 picture

Dell PowerEdge T440 Tower Server 2x Intel Gold 5118 and 128GB 2400MHZ DDR4

$1840.00



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI Barebone CTO GPU Server 2x Heatsinks 2x 1600W PSU picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI Barebone CTO GPU Server 2x Heatsinks 2x 1600W PSU

$319.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S picture

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S

$660.00