-
livecd -> hd install versus standard distro install
hello ppl,
I was just wondering if my reasons for trying out a live cd then doing a hd install of it are still valid.
my reasons were: none of the distros I tested had the almost perfect hardware recognition while knoppix or kanotix are perfect for the hardware I use.
Now what would be a better distro talking about those two? I heard kanotix is better if I am aiming at a hd install and thats definitely what I want.
any opinions?
Please do not treat this as a usual "whats better...?" post, I am talking about a hd install ( need a live cd for that) and want the end product not to be too far from the original distro (in this case debian)
Similar Threads
-
By tilleyrw in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-29-2005, 04:18 AM
-
By santos_douglas in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 08:02 AM
-
By redss in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-11-2004, 05:23 AM
-
By yournamehere in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-26-2004, 02:44 PM
-
By walterw in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-27-2003, 11:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99