Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Does Knoppix set bus speeds low?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    35

    Does Knoppix set bus speeds low?

    Hi,
    I have installed various distros of Linux (Peanut, Mepis etc) and find Knoppix to be about the best for my needs. When installing some of them I noticed that they said they were setting some bus speed to 66 Mhz and that it could be set higher at a later point. Does Knoppix do this? Even if it doesn't where are such things set?

    Also, where can I put a script file so that it will be executed at boot time, every time I boot??


    Thanks,

    Jim

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    35
    OK,
    I found the following info on the Mepis forums. I was wrong about 66 MHZ. It sets it to 33Mhz. As before I'm wondering how to check this.

    hda: ST380013A, ATA DISK drive
    hdb: CREATIVE CD5233E, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
    ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes: overrride with idebus=xx
    ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14
    blk: queue c02f5c04, I/O limit 4095Mb (mask 0xffffffff)
    hda: 156301488 sectors (80026MB) w/8192KiB Cache, CHS=9729/255/63, UDMA(66)
    hdb: ATAPI 52X CD-ROM drive, 128kB Cache, DMA
    Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.12
    Partition check:
    hda: <--blinking cursor


    Thanks,
    Jim

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    26
    so how we adjust the bus speed?

Similar Threads

  1. USB 2.0 at 1.1 speeds
    By dmanding in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2005, 11:37 AM
  2. Slow connection speeds
    By redstone in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-19-2003, 05:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B  607-0103-C  607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++ picture

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++

$169.00



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00



Apple IIe Vintage Computer A2S2064  Powers On Apple II Untested For Parts/repair picture

Apple IIe Vintage Computer A2S2064 Powers On Apple II Untested For Parts/repair

$149.99



Apple IIe Vintage Personal Computer A2S2064 picture

Apple IIe Vintage Personal Computer A2S2064

$199.99



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



PowerBook Duo 210 vintage laptop picture

PowerBook Duo 210 vintage laptop

$120.00



Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2 picture

Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2

$109.99



Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used. picture

Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.

$199.99