I would recomend using ssh. You can get putty an ssh client for windows or better yet get Cygwin and you have a little bit of Linux on windows. I use Cygwin daily at work for just such purposes. You can even set up Cygwin to run an sshd on windows.
How can I start a telnet server so I can telnet or get a tty in a console from my Windows PC?
Thanks.
I would recomend using ssh. You can get putty an ssh client for windows or better yet get Cygwin and you have a little bit of Linux on windows. I use Cygwin daily at work for just such purposes. You can even set up Cygwin to run an sshd on windows.

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.62