-
cant boot knoppix
I read whatever I thought would be appropriate on the faqs, but am lost. I can not boot knoppix.
I have a dell Lattitude CSx
I would like to keep pcmcia seeing how my nic is on it.
I am trying to boot via a modular CDROM
how far I get
Code:
Welcome to the KNOPPIX live Linux-on-CD!
Enabling DMA acceleartion for hda [stuff(hd info)]
Enabling DMA acceleration for hdc [TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-1802B]
Looking for CDROM in: /dev/scd0 (hang)
it does nothing else, please help me
-
I am also having the exact same problem as mentioned above on a (very old) Dell Inspiron 3200.
Any help would be greatly recieved.
-
This might help, http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...pixOnInspirons
Also, you may need the right combination of other cheat codes. A site search for lattitude led to these results. You may find more by using different keywords.
-
ok I was going to post my problem , it is the same problem as yours. I have an Hp Pavillion zv5160. typing failsafe at the boot prompt at least it will run
-
Try cheatcode "nodma", that worked on my Dell Latitude CP. Thanks for the failsafe tip, that helped me a lot!
Similar Threads
-
By doesnotcompute in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2005, 07:29 PM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM 02CL197 FLASH SYSTEM 840-900 LITHIUM ION SERVER BATTERY MODULE 990854
$225.00

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$54.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99