Here goes, I am trying out the LiveCD of Knoppix just to have a play with it on my laptop. I have a wireless ad-hoc network here at home, where my desktop is connected to Ozemail ADSL and I use the WiFi to connect to it on the laptop.
The config in Windows XP on the desktop is 192.168.0.1, and the laptop is 192.168.0.4, I set the default gateway to 192.168.0.4 so I can connect to the net fom the laptop, and everything works well.
Now on Knoppix I have managed to connect the computers wirelessly as they can ping eachother,I used the same gateway as I do in windows, but I am unable to connect to the internet or ping any web pages from the laptop with knoppix on it, says something like no such host.
Is there anything I should know or try when I configure the network and wlcard next time I run knoppix that would let me connect to the internet?
TIA from a Linux noob.
Cheers
Fludey

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95