Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Unable to allow connections through Knoppix 3.4 Box

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1

    Unable to allow connections through Knoppix 3.4 Box

    Hello,

    I have 2 Computers here at my house 1 XP Pro box and a KNoppix 3.4 box and I have them connected to each other via 2 NIC's and 1 Crossover cat5 cable, and my internet connection is on eth0 and my Network connection is on eth1 in my knoppix box and there is only 1 NIC in the XP box .

    I appologize if I just confused you, Now on the Network I can browse the 2 computers From one to another and I can ping each NIC with out any Loss at all, but I can''t get the knoppix box to allow the XP box to connect to the internet I was thinking I needed to use IP Masq''ing to accomplish this, and so I followed the how-to's at http://www.krnlpanic.com/tutorials/iptables.php but still nothing
    does anybody know how to accomplish this? Any help would be apperciated
    Thank you

    Ryan

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    I would do it the other way around personally. Use windows XP's ICS (Internet Connection Sharing).

    On the winxp ics server side:
    Right click the home netcard > properties, CHECK "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)", then click on properties > check "Use the following IP address" and input 192.168.0.1 as ip, and
    255.255.255.0 as subnet mask, other fields are left blank.

    On the knoppix client side:
    ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.200 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
    route add default gw 192.168.0.1 eth0
    echo nameserver 192.168.0.1 >> /etc/resolv.conf

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    The easiest way is to apt-get firestarter and use the internet connection sharing wizard which is in it.

Similar Threads

  1. 2 ADSL internet connections shared by one box?
    By beertinted in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-30-2004, 02:27 AM
  2. SATA connections slowing boot down...
    By FuzzieBio in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 02:23 PM
  3. 2 internet connections
    By Roly-Arg in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2004, 06:16 PM
  4. How to enable thin-client connections to your knoppix server
    By true1ever in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-28-2004, 10:40 PM
  5. Lan connections
    By CrashedAgain in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2003, 11:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair

$88.75



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2 picture

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2

$70.00



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC picture

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC

$40.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm picture

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm

$48.95