-
Junior Member
registered user
That warm fuzzy feeling..
Hi All,
It's been a few months since I installed to my hard-drive. Since then I've been learning more about Linux and have to say that I have started to get a warm fuzzy feeling when I turn on my laptop, after the kids are in bed, and after a day of using Win2000 at work.
Since switching I've:
1. Flashed my Ipaq 3950 with Linux (www.handhelds.org). That was a bit of a curve but worth the experience.
2. Last weekend I created a prototype website for a friend of a friend using just Mozilla's Composer and PHP. He liked the prototype sooo much he's hired me (moonlighting) to build/maint a website for his little biz. Now I'm going to be making money with Linux?
3. This morning I'm downloading a cam of Farenheit 9/11 from suprnova.org. If it wasn't for the fellow who made the 'Klik' client and server(allowing me to install Azureus), I'd be doing it with my Windows, or wrestling with the command line.
I've tried linux a few times over the years and have always gone back to windows. I think my expectations for myself and linux were to high. This time I said let's try it for 12 months and give it a chance. After all I've been using windows for over 10 years and that's probably why it seems easier than linux. I've just need give it time and I'll catch on, just as I did with windows.
Still feeling warm and fuzzy,
Obs.
Similar Threads
-
By jasond2m in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-05-2005, 02:33 AM
-
By Minnie000 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-23-2004, 05:26 PM
-
By WinH8r in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 06:20 AM
-
By DoubleHelix in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 12:26 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-04-2003, 02:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Dell PERC H740p Mini Mono RAID Controller 8GB 0878M 5FMY4 GP6RN
$55.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00