I never tried the "knoppix" boot codes with v3.4 - I went with the "experimental" 2.6.6 kernel - which you get at by the following:
boot: linux26 [commands]
I used a whole long list of stuff with the above...
boot: linux26 lang=us noacpi noagp noswap nopcmcia alsa
And it worked for me - after the hard drive install, it appears the command line stuff is no longer recognized though - but that is after the hard drive install...
I had at least four accounts of booting the above on the CD, and it worked each time - So, I can not be sure of the 2.4 kernel boot, which is accomplished by using the "knoppix" on the boot prompt...
Don't know why it isn't working though,
Ms. Cuddles

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99