-
Senior Member
registered user
hd based install for 3.4
Can someone help set up a guide for hd-based install. I read the docs I even wrote a step by step guide and posted it here. But that was before boot.img went away. I know that I can create a boot.img with a script. That might be the best way to go. But what I would like to do is setup lilo to boot with isolinux. maybe even give a choice of linux 2.4 or linux 2.6. I want to set this up on an empty 2 gig hard drive. 3 partitions 1.)800 or so megs for Knoppix 2.) 250 meg for swap and 3.) whatever is left for a home directory. I can partition and format the drive. I can mount the drive and copy the Knoppix files. It's the part with setting up Lilo that I can't figure out.
One other Idea that I had was setting up another seperate partition copying the iso there and use the bootfrom=hdaX
cheatcode.
Similar Threads
-
By TimWhite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-02-2004, 08:58 PM
-
By nvgringo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 07:16 PM
-
By nvgringo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 04:17 PM
-
By pilovis in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 09:17 PM
-
By lindleyrl in forum Ideas
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 03:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS
$67.99

AMD Ryzen 5 9600X 9000 Series Desktop Processor CPU Retail Box
$130.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i5-13400F 10 Core 16 Thread Processor SRMBN
$126.99

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00