-
Error Message Sync. out of Range
Can anyone tell me, please I am trying for the first time to get a CD version 3.4 knoppix to load, all seems to be going well, then the screen turns black, and I am getting a messsage that reads Sync. out of Range. I do not know why this message comes up can anyone help me?
Thank you!!!
-
Senior Member
registered user
ClayNew2Linux,
This is a common problem, or was one, back in Knoppix v3.3
You can try some boot: cheatcodes to get your screen happy. The problem is that Knoppix, during its hardware detection during booting, is, either, one, thinking your video card can handle a higher resolution and refresh rate, that, it appears, your monitor is unable to handle. ( I got this problem a lot back in v3.3 myself. )
Try the following: ( add any additional boot cheatcodes you already are entering to the end of this line... )
boot: knoppix screen=1024x768 vrefresh=60
Not sure what the boot prompt is for the "experimental" Linux26, I am still back on v3.3 at the moment, or I would get the exact prompt for you, for that.
If the above doesn't help, I'll enter "sync out of range" at the top of this screen, named Search Knoppix.net and give you the search results, note, you can do this as well...
http://www.google.com/search?q=sync+...te:knoppix.net
Click on the above link for the search results, I am sure you can locate the resolve in the previous postings.
Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By Tyler_H72 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-09-2005, 09:03 PM
-
By gxs100 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 06:59 PM
-
By pulsar in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-08-2004, 05:48 PM
-
By ClubMed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-12-2004, 09:11 PM
-
By Leeb in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-22-2004, 07:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99