ih8censorship,

No clue, but then again, I don't know what version of Knoppix you are running, are you dual-booting with another Operating System ( Like Windows, and if so, what version of Windows ), if Knoppix is on the hard drive, what format is the hard drive ( FAT, VFAT, NTFS, etc... ), ???

I appreciate the knowledge of what you typed, but more background on your system, and the Operating System (s) you are running, could also help in diagnosis of the problem...

Also, you do realize that using the tohd cheatcode simply copied the contents of the Knoppix CD to your hard drive, right? ( i.e. you did not install Knoppix on your hard drive, simply made it possible to boot without needing the CD. )

I am also not sure of this, so don't quote me, but, I think when you want to use the tohd option, I think you need a boot floppy - the boot floppy will tell the system to go to the hard drive instead of the CD-ROM ( Guru's? Am I right on this assumption? ( never did a tohd in my life ) )

Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles