Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: New=help

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    10

    New=help

    Hi all, I just installed Knoppix a couple days ago. I have a few questions:

    1. How do I automount my CD / hard drives?
    2. How can I make my synaptics touchpad actually work like a touchpad?
    3. How do I compile the kernel- would this make my CD drive work if it can't mount?

    Thx in advance for the help

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    Maybe this helps w/ the touchpad:
    http://compass.com/synaptics/

    I *think* support is now in the kernel so you just have to configure it but I may be waaaay off base as I've never even seen one of em let alone configured one.

    Dunno about automount (don't like that at all) but recompiling a kernel is a piece of cake if you do it the Debian way. Here's a link although even this is more effort than is really required:
    http://www.desktop-linux.net/debkernel.htm

    I prefer to get my source from kernel.org. Put it in /usr/src
    tar xvfj kernel-source-2.6.7.tar.bz2
    ln -sf kernel-source-2.6.7 linux
    cd linux
    make menuconfig
    make-kpkg buildpackage -rev your.version kernel_image
    cd ..
    dpkg -i kernel-image-2.6.7_your.version_i386.deb

    It also create headers and docs which can be installed w/ dpkg. If you need to restart definitely DO NOT follow the directions in the link I posted just start again but do not specify a version. Of course you'll need to move /lib/modules out of the way to install your remade kernel.

    There is no need to update grub as it is done automatically. Dunno about lilo. *hint* get grub.

    If you have nvidia forget the nvidia driver instructions there and use Kano's script instead.

    I presume you are aware you can mount your drives by hand?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Yealink W70B W73H DECT IP VoIP Cordless Phone Handset Base Charger Never Used picture

Yealink W70B W73H DECT IP VoIP Cordless Phone Handset Base Charger Never Used

$109.00



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Complete Office VoIP System: Grandstream UCM6208 IP PBX + (14) GRP2614 Wi-Fi IP picture

Complete Office VoIP System: Grandstream UCM6208 IP PBX + (14) GRP2614 Wi-Fi IP

$800.00



Ubiquiti UniFi Talk UVP-Touch VoIP IP Phone PoE Touchscreen Tested Reset picture

Ubiquiti UniFi Talk UVP-Touch VoIP IP Phone PoE Touchscreen Tested Reset

$64.99



LOT OF 4 - Cisco CP-8811 IP Phone 8811 VoIP Business Desk Phone Office Gigabit picture

LOT OF 4 - Cisco CP-8811 IP Phone 8811 VoIP Business Desk Phone Office Gigabit

$89.99



Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth picture

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth

$49.95



Grandstream HT801 v2 Single Port Analog Telephone Adapter picture

Grandstream HT801 v2 Single Port Analog Telephone Adapter

$33.50