-
3.4 install, kernel 2.6: network and reboot problems
Hi there,
I recently installed 3.4 (tried beginner and debian style) on my HD (Dell Inspiron 8100) and have some problems:
1) With kernel 2.6.5, I get two network adaptors, eth0 and eth1 but with kernel 2.4 just eth0. With kernel 2.6 I *sometimes* get eth1 working. With 2.4, eth0 just works fine. BTW, I did not know that I have two adaptors
Knoppix from CD gives me just eth0.
2) On reboot with kernel 2.6.5, my machine hangs after "Preparing for reboot..." but kernel 2.4 reboots without problems.
3) I have an external firewire HD, which always seems to be recognized, but on most boots I have to do a modprobe sbp2 and mount myself. Again, with kernel 2.4 there does not seem to be any problems.
Any further information needed?
Thanks,
Ingo
Similar Threads
-
By wavesailor in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 11:57 PM
-
By gauclair in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-23-2005, 05:36 AM
-
By DimGR in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-09-2004, 04:01 AM
-
By turbines in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 02:11 AM
-
By 3p0cHx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 11:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Force Gaming Motherboard
$180.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00