-
Re: problems with accessing USB mass storage

Originally Posted by
KnoppIXuser
Hi all,
I remastered 12-12-2002 Knoppix ISO to include vmware.
The guest OS in my case is windows 98 sitting on Transcend JetFlash (USB storage). And it is correctly recognised and mounted during boot-up. But when I try to boot-up the Virtual machine, it takes really long to start reading from the USB flash. I have inclded the kernel log for that, seems like something is timing out. How can I fix this problem.
Here is the output of
cat /proc/kmsg

Originally Posted by
...and
<4>usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
<4>usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
<4>usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
<4>usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
<4>usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
<4>usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
<4>usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
<4>usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
<4>usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
<4>usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
<4>usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
<4>usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
I get these too, during bootup. I have a ruby script that runs and starts up a number of processes, initializes the home directories, does configuration - and runs from USB.
I get these errors (11 of them?) during the running of /etc/init.d/cupsys start.
Don't know why. Is it because we're running things from USB instead of just accessing USB?
Similar Threads
-
By srowe in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 17
Last Post: 11-13-2004, 02:05 AM
-
By tommy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-22-2004, 07:37 AM
-
By gramplex in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 08:03 PM
-
By hadrien001 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-03-2003, 07:30 PM
-
By Sucker in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Western Digital WD 3.5" Western Digital Red 3TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD - Works great
$79.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Toshiba 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD MQ01ABD100V 5400RPM 9.5mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
$53.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

WD Purple 2TB Surveillance Hard Drive (WD20EJRX)
$66.00

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00