-
Senior Member
registered user
lame >> toolame
Hmmm.
toolame makes a very good drop-in replacement for lame or other layer 3 encoders under most circumstances.
But I'm buggered if I can make sense out of the manpage. (I do wish folk would include examples in manpages.)
Here's the scenario: I record some voice as mp3 on my Neuros. I copy it over to the 'pooter and use audacity to turn it into an ogg so that I can edit it in rezound (which I prefer to audacity). But I then have to turn it back to mp3 so that I can stick it on a Swiki and people with Windows can listen to it without downloading an ogg player. I could easily convert it to wav, but I'd not gain (and don't need) any quality (the ogg is absolutely brilliant, no hum, hiss, nothing) .
Anyone know how I convert a common or garden 48,000 herz ogg (or a wav) into an mp3?
Options seem to be toolame or mplayer.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Fingers99,
I too prefer to use ReZound, when I was doing my "project" in digitizing analog cassettes, it saved my rumpus. I know ReZound can read/write WAV, that is what I was using, and that it can do the same for OGG.
I guess my biggest question is, does ReZound have a "plug-in" for MP3 read/write ability, this to solve not only your "conversion" games, but to also keep the sound file in a single format through the complete edit/touch-up process, and to be able to use a single program to do it all???
I know in the Windows World, MP3 is like "gold" in native format, and in most recorders, it costs extra to have a "digital", or "close to digital" format to record in. Some recorders/rippers don't provide the MP3 encoder unless you register, or pay. ( the price we pay for companies that think we all are going to "steal" digital compilations from the rightfull money-mongers, I think. (read: copyright infringement) )
Not sure your resolve, just coming up with ideas for you,
Ms. Cuddles
-
Fingers, I think that all you need to do is to install liblame0 (if that doesn't do it you can try also installing lame and liblame-dev). I know that rezound will work with mp3's for me...both opening and saving to them. You can install the lame library with apt-get if you have these sources in your list:
-
Senior Member
registered user
Thanks, that worked, at least for Rezound -- Audacity now produces empty mp3s and crashes, so I guess I got an incompatable version of the library. Time to apt-get remove audacity, methinks!
Similar Threads
-
By rivendels in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-25-2005, 02:03 PM
-
By dantheman10110 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 06:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T46S IP Phone - Black
$20.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Yealink SIP-T54W IP Phone - WORKING - POOR SCREEN CONDITION - (PoE)
$48.99

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone - Charcoal
$98.95