-
Junior Member
registered user
Installing VMWare 3.2 Client in Knoppix Question -
I am trying to install VMware client in Knoppix (TAR file) ; however, I am getting a permission denied error. I am doing the install from the CD based. I am trying to learn the installation of my first program. And yes, I am running the install as root.
(root@Knoppix:/mnt/hda1/Temp/VMware_Linux/VMware-workstation-3.2.0-2230/vmware-distrib#) cd /tmp
(root@Knoppix:/tmp#) ./vmware-install.pl
bash: ./vmware-install.pl: Permission denied
I am thinking that because this is CD based that the install is failing because there is no real HD to install to. I just though it would run the install in RAM Disk. According to the doc, the application will install to various location on /USR directories. Isn't the /USR directory mounted for virtual install?
If I try to run the RPM based install this is the error I get -
</VMware-workstation-3.2.0-2230.i386.rpm';echo RESULT=$?
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
RESULT=1
Please clarify. Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By Josh83 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 06:47 PM
-
By Fitzy in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-11-2004, 08:54 PM
-
By IsaacKuo in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 04:05 PM
-
By loggy in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 07:05 PM
-
By in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 04:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00