-
Printers, USB and otherwise.
Okay, uncle!
I'm not a noob (I've installed/administered Red Hat, HPUX, Knoppix, etc), but I cannot get Knoppix 3.4 to print on a USB OfficeJet K60 from a Dell Dimension 4500.
I've tried different approaches with many variations. I'll present the one I think had the most likely chance of success.
I inserted a Knoppix 3.4 CD and booted default (ie just let it come up to a desktop without any intervention).
1)Close the default Konqueror app.
2)Knoppix | Configure | Configure Printers
3)Add | Add Printer/Class
4)Next
5)Local Print (parallel, serial, USB)
6)Select: USB - USB Printer 1 - HP OfficeJet K Series
7)Next
Manufacturer: HP
9)Model: OfficeJet K60
10) Next
11)Select ?HP OfficeJet K60 (Foomatic + hpijs) [recommended]
12)Next
13)Test (nothing prints)
14)OK
15)Next
16)Next
17)Next
1
Next
19)Name: K60
20)Next
21)Finish
22)Close
23)Open an app and attempt to print.
The print queue shows the job. Then "de-lists" it as though it had printed. The printer, however, doesn't so much as hiccup.
I also tried the Konqueror to http://localhost:631 approach. Also to no avail. Suggestions?
Is it probably USB problem (ie a parallel printer probably wouldn't have this problem) or a printer problem (ie there are issues with the K60)?
And for the record, the printer works under WinBloze.
Similar Threads
-
By drews in forum General Support
Replies: 32
Last Post: 01-12-2005, 06:59 AM
-
By legal in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 09:10 PM
-
By kayl in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-28-2004, 10:59 PM
-
By satyr409 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-19-2003, 09:32 PM
-
By dave52355 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-11-2003, 03:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$177.21

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)
$189.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M720Q Micro Intel Core i5-8500T 2.1GHz 8GB RAM No AC/HDD/OS
$129.99

HP Z840 Workstation 8-Core E5-2630 v3 2.40GHz No RAM No HDD No OS No GPU
$329.98