-
Printers, USB and otherwise.
Okay, uncle!
I'm not a noob (I've installed/administered Red Hat, HPUX, Knoppix, etc), but I cannot get Knoppix 3.4 to print on a USB OfficeJet K60 from a Dell Dimension 4500.
I've tried different approaches with many variations. I'll present the one I think had the most likely chance of success.
I inserted a Knoppix 3.4 CD and booted default (ie just let it come up to a desktop without any intervention).
1)Close the default Konqueror app.
2)Knoppix | Configure | Configure Printers
3)Add | Add Printer/Class
4)Next
5)Local Print (parallel, serial, USB)
6)Select: USB - USB Printer 1 - HP OfficeJet K Series
7)Next
Manufacturer: HP
9)Model: OfficeJet K60
10) Next
11)Select ?HP OfficeJet K60 (Foomatic + hpijs) [recommended]
12)Next
13)Test (nothing prints)
14)OK
15)Next
16)Next
17)Next
1
Next
19)Name: K60
20)Next
21)Finish
22)Close
23)Open an app and attempt to print.
The print queue shows the job. Then "de-lists" it as though it had printed. The printer, however, doesn't so much as hiccup.
I also tried the Konqueror to http://localhost:631 approach. Also to no avail. Suggestions?
Is it probably USB problem (ie a parallel printer probably wouldn't have this problem) or a printer problem (ie there are issues with the K60)?
And for the record, the printer works under WinBloze.
-
Me too!
I have the same problem only I am using an HP Officejet v40. I am using knoppix 4.0.2 DVD. I do not get anything not even a hiccup Unless... I notice that when i try to install the gimp-print driver it says that the driver does not exist or that i do not have the privileges to do this. Then if i hit test print it will print out a line or 2 of jibberish on the first page and then keep spitting out blank pages until i cancel it on the printer. Anyhow I am also not able to print. Can anyone help us?
-
HP + Dell prining problems
Hello. I am in the same boat. I follow all the directions and my HP Deskjet3820 doesn't hiccup, and when I tried raw printer I got a bit of gibberish and then every blank sheet was pulled through the printer. I downloaded HPLIP printer installation instructions from HP's site and tried to follow the directions for Debian but it stopped working at the # make command in Step 3: Download and install the HP Printing Software.
Can anyone help us?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I have been frustrated trying to get a bevy of printers working with KNX 4.0.2, but based on forum postings it appears this has been a problem since 3.9
I am using the Knoppix configure printer menu selection to attempt to configure printers (as well as starting cupsys manually and using localhost:631) but to no avail.
I would have thought any HP Deskjet would be workable, but that is not the case (710c and 810c parallel port) nor is a Lexmark printer (Z22 usb port)
Can anyone tell us if they are able to print successfully using the 5.0 DVD that has been released?
Of course, any other suggestions regarding configuring USB or LPT printers with CUPS are greatly appreciated.
regards,
~pau1
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi kayl, and the others.
Your issues seems to me strictly related to the 'live cd'. I've fault running my hp-psc2210 with the cd_live_loading, but following the same kayl's steps after a regular knoppix hd-install all works properly.
Similar Threads
-
By drews in forum General Support
Replies: 32
Last Post: 01-12-2005, 06:59 AM
-
By legal in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 09:10 PM
-
By kayl in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-28-2004, 10:59 PM
-
By satyr409 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-19-2003, 09:32 PM
-
By dave52355 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-11-2003, 03:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00