1. You can set the resolution in Xdisplay. You can enter it via the console as root "/usr/bin/kxconfig".
2. Have you allready set up the soundcard ("sndconfig")?
3. Save desktop icons settings typing "chmod 0 /usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons".
Hi there!
I am pretty new to Knoppix and am having trouble with the following things:
1. I have an ATI Radeon 9600 and a LG L1811S TFT which supports 1280x1024. However, even when I specify the resolution 1280x1024 at boot time, Knoppix uses 1024x768. Any ideas?
2. The sound does not work. I also tried using alsa, but without success. No problems with SuSE 9.1 Live CD.
3. Is it possible to save the position of the icons on the desktop? When backing up my settings to USB, I also specify to save the desktop icons, but they are always in the default order and even if I remove icons, they show up after boot (all other settings, like the menu load fine). Also, when I change the icon text (for example, from "cdrom2" to "CD-RW"), when the desktop refreshes due to (un)mounting, I have the old names back.
4. Is it possible to save toolbar settings for Konqueror? The bookmark toolbat always shows up, what I don't want.
5. Is there an advanced configurator? In SuSE, there is YaST which I can use for setting up DMA, adding printers...
Regards,
Sebastian Mares
1. You can set the resolution in Xdisplay. You can enter it via the console as root "/usr/bin/kxconfig".
2. Have you allready set up the soundcard ("sndconfig")?
3. Save desktop icons settings typing "chmod 0 /usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons".
1. Thanks, but it didn't help. After restarting the session, I got some messages reading "count too high!" or something like that and then I had 1024x768 again. Switching the monitor / graphic card driver didn't help either.
2. I did, but after a restart, no sound.
3. Ditto.![]()

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...
$349.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00
Lenovo Thinkbook 15 G2, i5 1135G7, 256GB, 8GB, 20VE003GUS no OS, Iris Xe, 15.6"
$200.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99