-
Stops booting
When I try to load up Knoppix I get this error:
INIT: PANIC: segmentation violation at 0x804ec92. Sleeping for 30 seconds.
And it does that over and over non-stop until I turn off the computer. That happens about 30 seconds after it begins loading.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I'm not too sure since I'm a beginner, but I think you should try a different kernel to boot with.
Use the cheatcode: knoppix26 to boot with the 2.6 kernel. (Enter it at knoppix menu that first comes up)
That's all I can really think of, sorry I couldn't of been more help
-
-
No, it didnt work, it said it couldnt find kernal 2.6
-
Just guessing here but kernel panics are sometimes due to a faulty cd.
Try booting with the cheatcode testcd to see if it reports any errors.
Also you could check the md5sum if you still have the iso: http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/verifyiso.html
Similar Threads
-
By rgruhn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 24
Last Post: 11-02-2005, 05:30 AM
-
By SwirlingVenom in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 25
Last Post: 09-07-2005, 06:11 AM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 12:03 AM
-
By herdentier in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-24-2004, 07:21 PM
-
By madLyfe in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-23-2003, 07:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$199.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture](/store/img/g/IKQAAeSwEK9qv9TG/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-UNITS-of-8GB-DDR4-Laptop-RAM-SAMSU.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99

F4-3200C16D-64GVK G.Skill RipJaws 32GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz Memory
$159.00

16GB(2x 8GB) Crucial DDR3L-1600 SODIMM / Lot of 2 8GB / Laptop RAM Memory / A25
$17.99

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99

Crucial 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz Desktop 288 -Pin RAM Kit -OPEN BOX
$114.99

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz CL15 DIMM RAM CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
$52.99