When I try to load up Knoppix I get this error:
INIT: PANIC: segmentation violation at 0x804ec92. Sleeping for 30 seconds.
And it does that over and over non-stop until I turn off the computer. That happens about 30 seconds after it begins loading.
When I try to load up Knoppix I get this error:
INIT: PANIC: segmentation violation at 0x804ec92. Sleeping for 30 seconds.
And it does that over and over non-stop until I turn off the computer. That happens about 30 seconds after it begins loading.
I'm not too sure since I'm a beginner, but I think you should try a different kernel to boot with.
Use the cheatcode: knoppix26 to boot with the 2.6 kernel. (Enter it at knoppix menu that first comes up)
That's all I can really think of, sorry I couldn't of been more help![]()
thanks Ill try it
No, it didnt work, it said it couldnt find kernal 2.6![]()
Just guessing here but kernel panics are sometimes due to a faulty cd.
Try booting with the cheatcode testcd to see if it reports any errors.
Also you could check the md5sum if you still have the iso: http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/verifyiso.html

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
HP ProCurve J9265A 6600-24XG 10GBE Layer3 Gigabit Switch w/ 2 x PSU
$180.20