Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Stops booting

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3

    Stops booting

    When I try to load up Knoppix I get this error:

    INIT: PANIC: segmentation violation at 0x804ec92. Sleeping for 30 seconds.

    And it does that over and over non-stop until I turn off the computer. That happens about 30 seconds after it begins loading.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    21
    I'm not too sure since I'm a beginner, but I think you should try a different kernel to boot with.

    Use the cheatcode: knoppix26 to boot with the 2.6 kernel. (Enter it at knoppix menu that first comes up)

    That's all I can really think of, sorry I couldn't of been more help

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3
    thanks Ill try it

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3
    No, it didnt work, it said it couldnt find kernal 2.6

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Just guessing here but kernel panics are sometimes due to a faulty cd.
    Try booting with the cheatcode testcd to see if it reports any errors.
    Also you could check the md5sum if you still have the iso: http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/verifyiso.html

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.8: booting stops at eth0
    By rgruhn in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-02-2005, 05:30 AM
  2. Stops booting after auto config
    By SwirlingVenom in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-07-2005, 06:11 AM
  3. [hp omnibook 510] Stops booting
    By JJzD in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 12:03 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 07:21 PM
  5. booting up stops at..
    By madLyfe in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2003, 07:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch

$69.99



Cisco WS-C3850-48P-S 48-Port PoE+ Gigabit Switch w/ 10G Uplink Module Options picture

Cisco WS-C3850-48P-S 48-Port PoE+ Gigabit Switch w/ 10G Uplink Module Options

$259.99



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G

$75.00



Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW CLAMSHELL picture

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL

$45.50