I do believe the Open Office package can handle Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word documents.
Open Office comes installed on knoppix =D
I have knoppix 3.3. I was wondering if linux in general and knoppix in particular can access a windows file like an excel spreadsheet or a word file? I do not mean with wine ( which I know nothing about).
If so, could someone give me the specifics steps on how to do it in knoppix?
Thanks,
Kent (the worrier)
I do believe the Open Office package can handle Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word documents.
Open Office comes installed on knoppix =D

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.77