Doing a Goggle with "Brazilian Government
Microsoft" returned a lot of interesting links.

I can remember reading a long page on their site
by one of their congress men a couple of years
ago. It was in response to a Microsoft
objection to a bill that was going through their
parliment that would require all software used
by the government to be open to public scrutiny.
I think the congress mans name may have been
"Edgar" (sorry about the spelling on the name").

I can't find it in my archives at present but
it may still be linked from their page.

He tore the M$ objection apart.

What a hide though... to suggest that it was in
thier interests to allow a private
company, of
a forien government, to be the
only ones
to actually have any access to the internals of
software running on their governments
system.

Microsoft can be so totally beyond belief at times.

----------------------------
Appended thur 26/08/2004:
----------------------------

Seems the page i was thinking of above belongs on
the Peruvian site,
not Brazils. It can also be found at...

www.opensource.org/docs/peru_and_ms.php

The Congressman concerned is...

Mr Edgar Villanueva Nuñez


jm