-
Apt-get: Too Many Problems. Should I Go Sid or Slack?
Since my HDD install of Knoppix 3.3, I've had too many problems with apt-get upgrade. After upgrades I've had to solve problems with Locales, Openoffice and KDE. Now after the last upgrade Gimp is busted. Apt (synaptic, actually) is telling me that Gimp isn't even installed anymore and when I try to reinstall it I get:
Some packages could not be installed.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
gimp:
Depends: libgimp2.0 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libgtk2.0-0 but 2.4.2-1 is to be installed
Now I'm sure I can get it fixed, yet again, but I'm wondering why I'm bothering. This is nuts. Apt-get is supposed to make things easier, isn't it? I know, from reading other posts here, that others have had the same problems as me. Is there a general fix? Would upgrading to a pure Sid system help or should I just dump the whole thing and go with Slackware? As far as I can tell, apt is about the only thing Debian has to offer, and if it doesn't work, what's the point? I've set up a Slack system before, and dependency hell wasn't any worse than apt has been so far.
Similar Threads
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By lesshaste in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Yealink T53W Black IP Phone Verizon VoIP LOT OF 4 Business Desk Phone
$150.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink T54W Verizon VoIP IP Desk Phone, Black IP Phone Model
$55.00

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone - Charcoal
$98.95