-
Re: Apt-get: Too Many Problems. Should I Go Sid or Slack?

Originally Posted by
mzilikazi
What's wrong w/ OO? I have just done an upgrade to SID and had no problems so it all works.
According to the posts I checked out when I had the OO upgrade problem, the OO version which is included on the 3.3 Knoppix disc (and all others, I assume) was buggy due to its being stripped down to fit the severe space restrictions on the Knoppix CD. This was why the menu system, although I chose the English version, still had a few menu items in German. I did a purge and reinstalled a complete version, which now functions perfectly. Synaptic, however, still shows a strange, ghosted entry for the old version of OO. It's not a residual config, and I can't see any way to get rid of it.
Similar Threads
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By lesshaste in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Vintage Linux DVD - Knoppix 5.2 - c't Magazine - 7 / 2007 - Software Collection 2
$7.84

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.59