When I try to load up Knoppix I get this error:
INIT: PANIC: segmentation violation at 0x804ec92. Sleeping for 30 seconds.
And it does that over and over non-stop until I turn off the computer. That happens about 30 seconds after it begins loading.
When I try to load up Knoppix I get this error:
INIT: PANIC: segmentation violation at 0x804ec92. Sleeping for 30 seconds.
And it does that over and over non-stop until I turn off the computer. That happens about 30 seconds after it begins loading.
I'm not too sure since I'm a beginner, but I think you should try a different kernel to boot with.
Use the cheatcode: knoppix26 to boot with the 2.6 kernel. (Enter it at knoppix menu that first comes up)
That's all I can really think of, sorry I couldn't of been more help![]()
thanks Ill try it
No, it didnt work, it said it couldnt find kernal 2.6![]()
Just guessing here but kernel panics are sometimes due to a faulty cd.
Try booting with the cheatcode testcd to see if it reports any errors.
Also you could check the md5sum if you still have the iso: http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/verifyiso.html

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$32.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99
SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00