-
Senior Member
registered user
3 easy questions and a strange one.
Hi there, I been using knoppix for quite some time now and I really love it as its
so powerfull but there is still so much to learn.
(its a hd-install)
Q1)
When I leave my system to go to lunch, the system closes everything and
I have to log in again??
Even if I have a editor open with non-saved data, it will close it...
And I lose my work..! I know I could just save
but since it has never crashed on me I kinda trust it.
Seems to be some sort of timeout, but I cannot find any settings that controls this.
Any ideas? I want to turn it off.
One strange thing in this context. When I have been autologed-off
my mouse scroll button no longer works.?
I have to log off and restart xserver.
Q2)
Can I script cfdisk or other tool to automate the creation of partitions?
Perhaps Im still too newbee to understand the man pages completely.
I want to have a script that creates the partitions and install knoppix.
Q3)
How do I uninstall things?
Say I wanted to strip my knoppix a bit by uninstalling not used software.
So a partimage file would get smaller.
I am not quite sure what tool, I would use. Perhaps some deb tool.
Maybe I should not be looking for something saying Add/remove programs...
Q4)
I have a harddisk with knoppix on. It was installed on a singledisk system.
Now I want to use it as hd2 on the slave controller. The first disk is a xp system.
I know I have to tell it that its no longer hda and change where it boots from,
but I am clueless what files that involves and if I should use lilo for it.
I dont need dualboot ie a menu since I just can choose the hd to boot from so I just
need to make knoppix understand that its now on the slave controller and not the maindisk anymore.
Thanks for your patience with people like me.
Similar Threads
-
By ricesteam in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-01-2005, 05:34 PM
-
By Romkillah in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 13
Last Post: 05-31-2004, 04:43 PM
-
By Xorpid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 02:37 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 11:01 AM
-
By a.lost.soul in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2003, 09:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$39.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99