-
Senior Member
registered user
Installing Shuttle XPC Nforce drivers
Im trying to run a hd-installed knoppix on my Shuttle XPC, and even the video works, there is no LAn or sound.
So I found out that Nvidia actully have linux support, but all the files
are RPM files and Debian is not mentioned.
So what do I do? Can I somehow install the drivers or is Knoppix simply not supported??
Thx
-
Junior Member
registered user
Debian can install RPMs, you just need to modify them. Look up Alien, it changes RPMs to a Debian compliant format.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Ok. So I just grab the red hat rpm and convert it?
Nothing else need to be done to it besides Alien.
Thx
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hmm. Im confused. I downloaded the rpm for RH 8 but alien doesn't really like it.
-- outout--
dpkg-gencontrol: error: current build architecture i386 does not appear in package's list (athlon)
dh_gencontrol: command returned error code 65280
--------
On the other hand, I can dbclick on the RPM file and something called
Kpackage is activated, butI dont dare to press Install
here as I dont know if thats a good idea???
Anyone can tell what RPM I should "alien" ??
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_nforce_1.0-0274
Besides the RPM for the other distros, I can get a source rpm or a Kernel Tar File
so which one is the one to use for knoppix ??
thx
Similar Threads
-
By great_lengths in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-16-2005, 12:50 PM
-
By Visceral in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-19-2004, 05:48 PM
-
By fraxx in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 06:20 PM
-
By kamikaze2112 in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 02:23 AM
-
By Kong the Medium in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-02-2003, 01:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable
$125.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00