-
Add a section to XF86Config-4
Hi,
In order to get an ELO touch screen to work ( on a Knoppix I am remastering ) , I need to add a section in the XF86Config-4. I know XF86Config-4 is auto-generated by mkxf86config, but I don't know what to do to make it generate the XF86Config-4 with the section I need to add. I looked in mkxf86config and I could not understand how to edit it to add a section ( or If that the right way to do it )
Any help will be appriciated,
Thanks,
Oded.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Add a section to XF86Config-4

Originally Posted by
oded
Hi,
In order to get an ELO touch screen to work ( on a Knoppix I am remastering ) , I need to add a section in the XF86Config-4. I know XF86Config-4 is auto-generated by mkxf86config, but I don't know what to do to make it generate the XF86Config-4 with the section I need to add. I looked in mkxf86config and I could not understand how to edit it to add a section ( or If that the right way to do it )
Any help will be appriciated,
Thanks,
Oded.
XF86Config-4.in is the 'template' mkxfconfig uses to generate XF86Config-4. Insert your additions in XF86Config4.in & they should end up in XF86Config-4.
-
Junior Member
registered user
What ELO driver works with KNOPPIX and what do I need to add to the XF86Config file?
Thanks
-
re: XF86Config for ELO
Wow, these posts are pretty spread out. I hope you guys were able to find the answers you needed. I intend to start a new topic "Elo Touchscreen" to make it easier for people to Google for help.
What ELO driver works with KNOPPIX...
The Knoppix iso I downloaded on 12/12/04 already contained drivers for an ELO touchscreen. Correct me if needed, but I think it was Knoppix 3.6 with kernel 2.4.27
...and what do I need to add to the XF86Config file?
I have yet to figure out what the plain old XF86Config file does. XF86Config-4, however, is the file you will want to modify in order to get the ELO working. I should mention that I'm using a serial ET1545C and that by 'working' I mean "the pointer moves within 2 inches of the place where your finger touched the screen." (I'm still trying to calibrate this thing) When I have used up the serial touchscreens I have laying around I will move to a USB model. Here is one of 100 places where you can find the same info: http://www.geniusweb.com/LDP/HOWTO/X...n-HOWTO-4.html Or you can Google it with: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...00&btnG=Search
Copy the section "InputDevice" and paste it directly into your XF86Config-4 file. As for me I added it right after the entry for the serial mouse. You will also need to add a few lines to the section "ServerLayout." As for calibrating the touchscreen - that info should appear in the new topic. Probably under hardware.
-
I have a similar issue and could Very much use some genius..
Hi guys,
I have a similar issue and could Very much use some genius cause we are going all out here and trying something new...
Heres what I need to accompish:
- » Edit the xf86config-4 file to include the Elo graphics touchscreen configuration
» disable the ability to drag and drop images and files from the webpage (usually this happens by accident however it causes a new window to open in front of the first one)
» kiosk knoppix so that upon boot users get only mozilla Firefox (latest version) and nothing else. Also if it were to crash or is closed the browser reopens to home page.
» set custom homepage for firefox
» install xmms and mozplugger for sound playback from the website we have setup for them to hear instructions audibly.
» Remove all unneccassary programs to shrink size. "size matters"
» secure the knoppix so that it cannot be used for any type of hacking.
» Set custom host entries in the hosts file for intranet sites but still allow them to get to the internet.
» install the cd to ram once the computer boots
» set the screen resolution to 1280x1024x24 (its an LCD touchscreen and the website is hard coded to this size)
» make this all happen on a CD that can be mailed out for other disaster locations to be on the same page. (does that mean I need to remaster or can I do this with a knoppix.sh)
» eventually would like to have it run from knoppix terminal server but that is not immediate concern.
I have it working currently with the STANDARD Knoppix 4.0 CD. Unfortionatly I have to boot each individual system and manually configure it. This is very time consuming and not an option to walk thru over the phone with someone lol. Also there is the obvious concern about security. If there is any other information I can provide please ask.
Thanks in advance if this is something you are able to help direct me on. however if it is not, thank you for your time, and I appologize for the bother.
Similar Threads
-
By joeiscoffee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 08:46 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 08:55 AM
-
By adamherb in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-02-2005, 07:12 PM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 11:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch Network Expansion TL-SG105
$19.95

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99