-
Senior Member
registered user
Flash???
OK, I've never been able to get flash to work. What's the trick? BTW, I'm asking wrt liveCD boot and hdinstall boot.
TIA,
AJG
-
Senior Member
registered user
For live, you'll need to try klik or live installer.
For HDD-install, you get the flashplayer installer for linux from macromedia's site. Run it and it will do the install. This does not always work. Last time I tried, konqueor was not an option, however you can install flash for mozilla and then in konqueror's config, tell it to search for and use mozilla plugins.
Browser plugin directories are in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins for example for mozilla's plugin directory (at least I think that's where they are). And so once you have the plugin installed, you can create softlinks to it in other browser plugin directories, if tyhe browsers are similar (for instance konqueror, mozilla, and firebird can all use the same plugins).
-
my data: knoppix3.4(17-05-2004)poormaninstall(the fromhd cheatcode) install_flash_player_6_linux.tar.gz (easy to find) to be extracted to file:/home/knoppix/.mozilla/plugins (flashplayer.xpt and libflashplayer.so) - thats all.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Thanx arkaine! I got it working for mozilla. I hadn't even tried downloading the flash software from macromedia as I thought they only had windoze versions!
Thanx,
AJG
-
Senior Member
registered user
Thanx rotwein, but I use a rw file system now - no more poorman!
Thanx,
AJG
Similar Threads
-
By mithereal in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-18-2005, 09:06 AM
-
By mattrock1988 in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-29-2005, 02:59 PM
-
By monckywrench in forum Ideas
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-20-2005, 06:46 PM
-
By Jameson in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-31-2004, 05:19 AM
-
By ihti in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-26-2004, 11:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1165G7 2.80GHz 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11
$284.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99

LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$235.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" Touchscreen i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$284.99