-
a few questions. System doesn't start
Hi:
I have installed knoppix 3.4 on my hard disk. I tryed to install IBM DB2 following some instructions I found on a web. I did this:
Code:
bash# mv /bin/sh /bin/sh.bash
bash# ln -s /usr/bin/ksh /bin/sh
bash# for f in awk basename ksh passwd sort touch; do ln -s /usr/bin/$f /bin/$f; done
Then tryed to install if, but it didn't work. After installing it (if you can) You have to restore this changes doing this:
Code:
bash# ln -sf /usr/bin/bash /bin/sh
But I did this and when I restarted knoppix it goes to:
INIT: version 2.78-knoppix booting
INIT:cannot execute "etc/init.d/rcS"
INIT:entering runlevel 5
INIT:cannot execute "etc/init.d/rc"
So how can I restore my system working. I have tryed coping /etc/bin/sh from the knoppix cd but it doesn't worked.
The other question I want to know is how can I unistall a package that doesn't wont to configure. I have tryied doing:
Code:
dpkg -i --force-all /var/cache/apt/archives/locales.deb
or doing
Code:
dpkg --configure -a
but it doesn't work.
Thanks in advance. The first question is so important, so if someone could answer it it would be very, very useful.
Similar Threads
-
By elldee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 07-12-2004, 11:21 PM
-
By jzhai in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 05:10 PM
-
By estranged in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 08:53 AM
-
By panlm in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-20-2003, 03:04 AM
-
By panlm in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-20-2003, 02:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i7-7700 SR338 3.6GHz 4-Core LGA 1151 Kaby Lake CPU Processor - Good
$39.99

Core i3-10105F 4-Core Comet Lake Processor 3.70GHz 8GT/s 6MB LGA 1200 CPU Tray
$79.00

AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$179.99