-
a few questions. System doesn't start
Hi:
I have installed knoppix 3.4 on my hard disk. I tryed to install IBM DB2 following some instructions I found on a web. I did this:
Code:
bash# mv /bin/sh /bin/sh.bash
bash# ln -s /usr/bin/ksh /bin/sh
bash# for f in awk basename ksh passwd sort touch; do ln -s /usr/bin/$f /bin/$f; done
Then tryed to install if, but it didn't work. After installing it (if you can) You have to restore this changes doing this:
Code:
bash# ln -sf /usr/bin/bash /bin/sh
But I did this and when I restarted knoppix it goes to:
INIT: version 2.78-knoppix booting
INIT:cannot execute "etc/init.d/rcS"
INIT:entering runlevel 5
INIT:cannot execute "etc/init.d/rc"
So how can I restore my system working. I have tryed coping /etc/bin/sh from the knoppix cd but it doesn't worked.
The other question I want to know is how can I unistall a package that doesn't wont to configure. I have tryied doing:
Code:
dpkg -i --force-all /var/cache/apt/archives/locales.deb
or doing
Code:
dpkg --configure -a
but it doesn't work.
Thanks in advance. The first question is so important, so if someone could answer it it would be very, very useful.
Similar Threads
-
By elldee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 07-12-2004, 11:21 PM
-
By jzhai in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 05:10 PM
-
By estranged in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 08:53 AM
-
By panlm in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-20-2003, 03:04 AM
-
By panlm in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-20-2003, 02:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

HPE 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-R DDR4 Svr RAM P03052-091 P00924-B21 M393A4K40DB2-CVFBY
$270.00

Samsung 32GB (1x32GB) PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133) LRDIMM Memory (M386A4G40DM0-CPB0Q)
$120.00

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Samsung 16GB M393A2G40DB0-CPB, PC4-2133P-RA0-10-DC0 DDR4, ECC Registered
$75.00

64GB DDR5 CAMM 4800MHz Memory K467XP-HYM-I Dell Precision 7670 7680 7770 7780
$759.00

64GB DDR5 CAMM 4800MHz Memory K467XP-HYM-I⭐ Dell Precision 7670 7680 7770 7780
$759.00

Hynix Lot 11x4gb / 4x8gb DDR3L 1333MHz PC3L-10600R 2Rx8 ECC Reg RAM
$45.00

6 in 1 USB 3.0 Type C Card Reader SD Micro SD TF OTG Memory Adapter Laptop PC US
$3.95