apt-get install mysql should work. What kind of "all sorts of errors" are you experiencing?
Anyone ever put MySQL on Knoppix after they installed Knoppix to the HD?
Any help would be wonderfull.
I can't get anywhere. All sorts of errors.
apt-get install mysql should work. What kind of "all sorts of errors" are you experiencing?
I haven't installed knoppix to harddrive, but I had no problem starting mysql from the v3.3 live CD. All I had to do was "sudo /etc/init.d/mysql start" and I was able to get into a mysql prompt, add a database, and access it through perl/apache. How far are you getting?

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.66